The Parents Association Committee would like to give a warm welcome back to all our families at KNS as well as a welcome aboard to our new families. We look forward to meeting you at the upcoming curriculum meetings and our AGM (date TBA). Events leading up to the mid-term break include Celebration of Culture’s Day and Halloween Parade/Trick or Treat for Temple Street. See you all soon!
Congratulations to all who made their Communion recently. The following Monday, the PA put on a party for all of 2nd class in the hall.
- Ongoing – donate unwanted Lego and Board games to school for use in the Lunchtime Clubs
- Social Evening for parents/guardians in the hall on the 4th of May at 8pm
- 23rd of May – Club Day– local clubs, societies etc in the hall from 1pm to 3pm to make the children and their parents aware of what activities are available to them
- Whole school Zumba day May 24th
- Running and walking tracks to be painted on perimeter of yards
- Parents Survey to gather your feedback – to be published.
- Congratulations to all who made their Confirmation recently. The PA provided for a party for all of 6th class in the hall on the 29th March. A very special thank you to parents Brenda and Alex who provided the beautiful cakes.
- The Parents Association also purchased token gifts of appreciation for those involved in preparing and organising the Confirmation Ceremony
- Musical instruments and replacement parts have been purchased by the Parents Association costing €900 and will make their way to the students after Easter.
- Go Yellow/Spring Colour for Daffodil Day on the 24th of March raised €550 for the Irish Cancer Society.
- We raised more than €900 for Salthill/Knocknacarra Cardiac First Responders which operates in conjunction with the National Ambulance Service (NAS) to provide a rapid response to victims of Cardiac arrest in the Salthill/Knocknacarra area. The money will be used for equipment and training. KNS raised most money out of all Salthill-Knocknacarra area schools.
- Our Mad Hatter sponsored walk looked wonderful on the Clybaun Road on the morning of April 7th. We raised €1590 which will be used for activities and equipment for the children in school. There were some very original and outstanding creations. Thank you to all the children who put such an effort into their head pieces.