HOMEWORK CLUB: Teachers run a one-hour homework club Monday to Thursday from 2:20 to 3:20 pm.
CREATIVE KIDS AFTER SCHOOL: Gemma Holland of Creative Kids After School will trial an infant level of Afterschool, for the hour between 1:20 and 2:20 pm, from January 2019. (Places are limited.) A full Afterschool Service could possibly begin after Easter 2019.
Gemma will have a Registration Afternoon on Thursday, Nov. 29th from 1:20 to 2:20 pm, where she will be available to meet parents and answer any queries. Her email is Creativekids.firstname.lastname@example.org.
MUSIC TUITION IN PARTNERSHIP WITH GTI SCHOOL OF MUSIC: Our school has a partnership with the Galway Technical Institute School of Music which offers lessons in the school building at a greatly reduced rate. We hold registrations at school before every term, in December and in June. For details email email@example.com or ring (091) 863367.
WIND: Joanne Cater teaches wind instruments every day after school.
STRINGS: Nicola Geddes and Áine Kelly teach strings Tuesdays to Thursdays during school.
PIANO: Áine Kelly teaches piano on Tuesdays during school.
INSTRUMENT RENTAL AVAILABLE: The school has a store of wind and string instruments, purchased by our Parents’ Association, which can be rented for just €30 per school year. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER AFTERSCHOOL ACTIVITIES
· ATHLETICS: Múinteoir Niamh and Múinteoir Elaine hold Athletics training sessions on Wednesday afternoons at the Westside running track for Second to Sixth Class students. Dates are emailed to all families.
· OLYMPIC HANDBALL: Múinteoir Aedín and Múinteoir Conor coach senior class children every Monday after school.
·GOSPEL CHOIR: Keara Sheeran from the Ignite Gospel Choir conducts children in our KNS Gospel Choir. Contact Keara at (087) 9007003.
·DRUMS: Terry Cooke teaches drumming. Contact Terry at (087) 9061145.
MAGIC PENCIL: Samir Sultanov will teach six weeks of drawing classes after school on Tuesdays starting on Jan. 22. Contact Samir at (087) 7774834 or email@example.com. LEGO CLUB: Múinteoirí Niamh and Elaine run the Lego Club; parents are notified via email. BASKETBALL: Múinteoirí Avril, Florence, Gary and Conor coach our basketball team.
· YOGA 4 KIDS: Fiona Brown leads yoga on Wednesdays, with a 1:20 session for Junior and Senior Infants and a 2:20 session for older children. Contact Fiona at (087) 068 4056.
· WEST COAST GUITAR: Richie Byrne teaches guitar to Third to Sixth Class children. Contact Richie at (087) 7909220.
· HURLING: Múinteoir Ciarán and Múinteoir Martin provide Hurling training for First to Fourth Class children
CODING CLUB: Múinteoir Gary teachings Scratch programming; parents are notified via email.
· LEGO CLUB: Múinteoir Niamh and Múinteoir Elaine run a Lego Club from 2:20 to 3:20. Details are emailed via the school.
· SCHOOL ORCHESTRA: Our orchestra rehearses each Thursday after school with Áine Kelly. They perform a Christmas concert and an end-of-school-year concert.
· FOOTBALL: Múinteoir Andrew, Múinteoir Cillín and Múinteoir Niamh lead our Gaelic Football teams.
SCIENCE CLUB: Múinteoir Alison runs the Science club; parents are notified via email.
Well done to our athletes who won lots of medals at Community Games. Liam Murphy came 2nd in the 100m and 80m sprint- Under 14 Emma Dillion – 1st in the 200m, 2nd in the 100m and 60m- U 10 Leon Coll – 1st in the 100m and 3rd in the 200m- U 10 Liam Duggan...
Getting ready for Cross Country! #ActiveSchool...
Fantastic running from our six athletes today at cross country. Keep up the training. We are looking forward to the next race on October 13th already! Proud parents at Cross Country today! Our...
We are so proud of all our athletes at KNS especially our five medal winners at Cross Country today. We wish them all the best next Tuesday 26th for the next round. See you at training on Wednesday at 2.45 in Westside. ...
Join us at 2.45 to 3.30 for...
Well done to all who participated in City Sports! Kate and Liam got to the sprint finals and just missed out on medals. U9 boys came 4th in the relay final. They were so close. Keep up the training over the summer! Our U -11 relay winners celebrating...