The Fun FRIENDS Program was developed to help guide the social and emotional development of children by using fun, play-based group activities. Fun FRIENDS nurtures the child’s development by teaching them to engage resilience early on, encouraging them to thrive and smoothly transition into school life.
We have been using bubble breathing to help us when we are worried, stressed or need to calm down.
We use the following FRIENDS acronym:
- Feelings (talk about your feelings and care about other people’s feelings)
- Relax (do “milkshake” breathing, have some quiet time)
- Ican try! (we can all try our best)
- Encourage (step plans to happy home)
- Nurture (quality time together doing fun activities)
- Don’t forget – be brave! (practice skills everyday with friends /family)
- Stay happy
Don’t forget to breath in and out while bubble breathing.